Preparing for My New Advanced Meter
As part of our ongoing efforts to upgrade our electrical system and provide members with reliable, affordable, safe electricity and outstanding member service, we will be upgrading the meter at your home or business with a new advanced meter. There is no cost to members for this meter.
Here are some helpful tips to prepare for your meter upgrade:
- Clear Access to Meter: A MTEMC representative will notify you in advance of changing your meter. You do not have to be at the location during the installation if there is clear access to your meter.
- Look for Our Door Hanger: If we are unable to install the new meter, we will leave a door hanger requesting that you call us at (877) 423-3192 to schedule a convenient time for us to return.
- Be Diligent: For your safety and security, when the installer arrives at your home or business please keep in mind:
- The installer truck and worker uniforms are co-branded MTEMC and UPA.
- The installer has printed information available for you.
- The installer has a co-branded MTEMC and UPA ID.
- You do not give any money or personal information to installer.
- Please note that unless your meter access is inside the interior of your home or business, there is no reason for installer to enter.
If you have questions, call us at (877) 423-3192.