MTEMC directs members to local community agencies for Weatherization Assistance Program

Members seeking federal stimulus dollars to weatherize their homes should first contact their local community action agencies.

MTEMC leaders say they are providing a supportive role in this effort, but local agencies like Mid-Cumberland Action Agency and Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency should be contacted first.

?Those seeking information need to contact your local community action agencies,? MTEMC Communications Coordinator Todd Palmer said. ?Members who qualify according to eligibility requirements under the Weatherization Assistance Program may receive financial assistance to weatherize their homes.?

Priority will be given to low-income families with small children, people with disabilities and the elderly.

Weatherization may include air and duct sealing, insulation, storm window installation, caulking and other efforts to improve a home?s energy efficiency.

For more information, members can contact these organizations:

In Rutherford, Williamson and Wilson counties, contact Debbie Houser of Mid-Cumberland Community Action Agency at 742-1113 or 742-1137.

In Cannon County, contact Larry Davis of Upper Cumberland Human Resource Agency at 563-2916.

Posted on August 5, 2009.


back | news archive