MTE & MED Merger
WELCOME TO YOUR LOCAL COOPERATIVE
Welcome to Middle Tennessee Electric, where you'll experience the same great service you've always had plus gain the benefits of membership. The merger means Murfreesboro Electric consumers are now valuable members of the MTE electric cooperative. So welcome, from our family to yours.
To learn more about the merger, check out these resources!
Information former Murfreesboro Electric consumers need to know
How to setup a myMTEMC account for online account management
- If you are already using SmartHub, use your existing credentials to access the myMTEMC online portal. You should also delete SmartHub from your mobile devices and download myMTEMC.
- Go to www.mtemc.com.
- Register your account by going to “myMTEMC Login” in the right-hand corner. Select the option for “New User.”
- Input your account number, name, and email address. Then press “Submit.”
- You can find your account number on your electric bill or by calling us at 877-777-9020.
- By registering on the web portal, you will also be registered on the myMTEMC mobile app.
How to pay a bill
- Download the myMTEMC app or use the online portal at MTEMC.com
- Sign up to pay automatically by bank draft or credit/debit card at no charge
- Use the return envelope provided with your bill
- Pay with a credit card, debit card, or electronic check by calling 877-777-0215. You can also set up your payment choice on IVR (automated call line).
- Pay using MoneyGram. Learn more at MTEMC.com/AccountOptions
- Pay in person using MTE’s drive thru or at one of MTE’s offices, Monday – Friday 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- The former MED office downtown is also available for payments Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
How to read your bill
You may notice your bill from MTE looks different than what you previously received. The bill we now provide members was designed to give you a better understanding of how you use electricity. We worked directly with our members to create a bill they felt had more actionable information about their account and energy consumption.
Download our latest infographic on to read your bill and how to sign up for our online account management portal, myMTEMC.
How to report an outage
- Call the automated outage line at 877-777-9111 or talk to member support 24/7 at 877-777-9020.
- Notify MTE of an outage in person by visiting the office lobby or drive thru.
With the mobile app:
- Download the myMTEMC app from the Google Play Store or iTunes App Store
- Register your account in the app
- Tap the “Report an Outage” icon on the left side of the home screen
- Select “Report an Outage”
- Select the meter that has an outage
- Add additional comments, then select “Report Outage”